List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adam Powell Date:March 23 1999 6:04am
Subject:Re: locking
View as plain text
Thanks a lot, this has helped, however now another problem has reared its
ugly head, and I suspect it could be a bug with mySQL is it happens every
time.  I have split up our IP table into 8 sub tables (this is working very
well - we are getting less records and correspondingly less load).

I run the command 'DELETE FROM <ip_table>' on a PHP script using a lynx
browser set up to go off every day.  This just clears the table for the day
and lets us start afresh.  However every time this runs mySQL crashes.  This
problem never occurred with 3.21, but since we have upgraded doing a 'DELETE
FROM x' where is there a large number of rows (some of the tables have
150,000 rows - but then again its not that much is it?) crashes the entire
system and leaves me with a phone call from irate people and having to get
up at 5am to fix it :(  It crashes when I use mysqladmin

I will look into some way of taking the table offline before I try to do
anything major to it... but has anybody found a good way of getting around
this?

Adam