List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vivek Khera Date:July 23 1999 2:35pm
Subject:Re: Moving data to another partition
View as plain text

MS> I installed MySQL-RPM on a RedHat 5.2 Server, and figured out,
MS> that the partition /var for the data is too small.
MS> Now I need to move the data to /usr.
MS> How can I do this, without reinstalling everything and by preserving
MS> the data already present in the tables?

Shut down mysqld.  Move the directory in question, then make a
symbolic link to it at its old location.  Restart mysqld.

MS> Why does the RPM version put the data in /var/lib ?!?

Because /var is where you put private, per-machine data.  Your /usr
should be "read-only" for normal use.
Thread
Query help requestWayne Topa23 Jul
  • Moving data to another partitionMarkus Senoner23 Jul
    • Re: Moving data to another partitionVivek Khera23 Jul
    • Moving data to another partitionsinisa23 Jul
  • Re: Query help requestJim Faucette23 Jul
    • Re: Query help requestWayne Topa24 Jul
  • Re: Query help requestFaisal Nasim31 Aug