List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 9 2001 3:05am
Subject:Re: Date calculations with php and mysql
View as plain text
At 9:01 PM -0500 8/8/01, Joel wrote:
>How do I find the elapsed time on a timestamp field?

A timestamp is a single value.  You can't find elapsed time without
a point of reference to measure it against (two values).  What's
your point of reference?

If you have two timestamps, convert each of them to seconds since the epoch
using UNIX_TIMESTAMP() and take the difference.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread