List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 23 1999 3:39am
Subject:locking
View as plain text
>>>>> "Adam" == Adam Powell <adam@stripped> writes:

Adam> Hi, thanks for all your help in getting this working... I have upgraded to
Adam> 3.22.20 now, and its a lot better.  However we still have a LARGE problem.

Adam> We have an IP table that has SELECTs and INSERTs on the individual rows
Adam> about 80 inserts a second, and 1 insert every 3 seconds however sometimes
Adam> all the processes get locked because the selects are taking so long to go
Adam> through the table.  Does anybody have any ideas how we can configure it so
Adam> that the SELECTS and INSERTS can work together and not cause anything to
Adam> hang?  The table can be anything up to 2 million rows.... so it does take a
Adam> while to select.

Adam> Adam Powell
Adam> Click Agents Corp.,
Adam> Web : http://www.clickagents.com
Adam> Email : adam@stripped
Adam> Tel/Fax : +44 (0) 115 9532989

Hi!

Check the SELECTS you are using;  If you are using a lot of GROUP BY,
it may be a good idea to have a summary table that is updated real
time...

With MySQL 3.22.20 you can also use DELAYED INSERTS to solve this!

Please search after DELAYED in the MySQL manual at:

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_toc.html

By doing this, you will also find a lot of other information that may
help solve your problem!

Regards,
Monty

Thread