List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Date:March 23 1999 4:08am
Subject:install / compile errors

View as plain text
I've been trying to install egcs but it can't find my sources.  If
needed I'll get help from there, not here.

I'm still having problems linking my mysql .cc files.  I added the
libraries as suggested and here's the new output:

Undefined   first referenced
 symbol         in file
dlclose                             /usr/lib/libnsl.a(netdir.o)
dlsym                               /usr/lib/libnsl.a(netdir.o)
dlopen                              /usr/lib/libnsl.a(netdir.o)
dlerror                             /usr/lib/libnsl.a(netdir.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to a.out

Are there more libraries that I have to include for the linker?
Thanks again for the help.

Also, I do not have a man page for "undefined symbol" or anything of the
sort.  Where can I get man pages for such things?

Dan

<cut>
-----

install egcs 1.1.2 from www.cygnus.com

Dan> My second problem:
Dan> I have successfully installed the binary
Dan> mysql-3.22.19-sun-solaris2.6-sparc and everything runs as it
should,
Dan> except I can not compile any of my own programs.

Dan> with the command
Dan> /usr/local/bin/g++
Dan> -I/usr/local/mysql-3.22.19-sun-solaris2.6-sparc/include
Dan> -L/usr/local/mysql-3.22.19-sun-solaris2.6-sparc/lib myprogram.cc
Dan> -lmysqlclient

<cut>

Undefined   first referenced
 symbol         in file
socket
/usr/local/mysql-3.22.19-sun-solaris2.6-sparc/lib/libmysqlclient.a(libmysql.o)

Suggestion:

Try man 'unidefined symbol' for errors like the above.

Fix:

Add '-lsocket -lnsl -lgen' to your link line.

Regards,
Monty

Thread
install / compile errorsDan23 Mar