List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Micheal Mc Evoy Date:July 23 1999 2:57am
Subject:Re: Schema Generator
View as plain text
On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Bradley Glonka wrote:

>Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 19:54:35 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Bradley Glonka <bradley@stripped>
>To: mysql@stripped
>Subject: Schema Generator
>

>Hi there
>
>Does anyone know of a schema generator that will produce SQL for table
>creation.  I really like the idea of laying out a database visually and
>seeing how the tables relate to one another.
>

>I'd preffer one for *NIX but will take what I can get.  I have not been
>able to locate something like this.  I think Oracle has something called
>"Oracle Designer"  I'm sure its not cheap.
>
>I'd preffer low or no cost software.  I've looked in the mysql contrib
>files but did not find much.  I've also done an internet search and come
>up empty handed.
>
>Thanks
>Brad

There are several packages available.
The most popular is ERWin, it runs on NT and Win9x.  (The only reason I
have Windows is to use ERWin).
There is a package called EasyCase, or at least there used to be.

http://www.greymatter.co.uk/gmWEB/nodes/NODE0807.HTM has some listed,
but they are all MS-Windows based.
I've been working on a package on and off as time permits, if anyone is
interested in writting the graphics part, I'd appreciate it.

Micheal

---
Micheal Mc Evoy                                    mjmc@stripped
                                             http://www.whitepine.com

WhitePine Consulting supports the Free Software Foundation and it ideals
by promoting, using and supporting Open Source, GNU and GPL'd Software.

Thread
Why this index?Steven Roussey23 Jul
  • Re: Why this index?Paul DuBois23 Jul
    • RE: Why this index?Steven Roussey23 Jul
      • Re: Why this index?Thimble Smith23 Jul
        • RE: Why this index?Steven Roussey23 Jul
      • RE: Why this index?Michael Widenius2 Aug
  • Schema GeneratorBradley Glonka23 Jul
    • Re: Schema GeneratorMicheal Mc Evoy23 Jul
    • Re: Schema GeneratorSasha Pachev23 Jul
  • Why this index?sinisa23 Jul