List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karl Pielorz Date:August 6 2001 6:51am
Subject:Re: Help in Administration
View as plain text
On 05 August 2001 23:42 -0700 Schajee Achmad wrote,

> now I get this error "Access Denied
> for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO).
>
> I've tried several ways o get out of this mess, even
> the documentation of MySQL but there is no mention of
> this error.

Run up mysql with the '--skip-grant-tables' option, which will cause the
server to come up, and ignore the permissions table, so you should be able
to login, fix the problem up, and then _remember_ to re-start the server
again without this option, or you'll give full access to everyone...

Regards,

-Kp
Thread
Help in AdministrationSchajee Achmad6 Aug
  • Re: Help in AdministrationKarl Pielorz6 Aug
  • Re: Help in AdministrationJeremy Zawodny6 Aug
  • RE: Help in AdministrationCarsten H. Pedersen6 Aug
    • Re: Help in AdministrationStefan Hinz7 Aug