List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:July 22 1999 5:37pm
Subject:Re: C / C++ API For Dos ?
View as plain text
chchar wrote:

> Hi there,
>
>    I'm new subscriber for this MYSQL Mailing List, so hope somebody
> can help me. Thank.
>
>    I'm try to build my application in C / C++ programming language. So
> in order to connect to MYSQL databases from my client PC to Linux
> server, I may need C / C++ API.
>
>    The question is, if I run my C/C++ program from client PC (Under
> Dos 6.22), so is this possible I can connect to MYSQL server and get
> some data from my databases ?
>
>      Client PC                  MYSQL Database Server
>    ---------------             ------------------------------
>   | C/C++ Program |----->---- |  MYSQL 3.22.25               |
>   | Dos 6.22      |           |  Linux, Apache/1.3.6 (Unix)  |
>    ---------------             ------------------------------
>
>    If C/C++ API can't support under DOS os, my alternative way
>  is running under WIN95, mean I need MyODBC to connect to MYSQL ?
>
>    Please advice.
>
> Regards,
>
>    CHAR

A couple of solutions:

a) replace DOS with Linux do to it right

OR

b) install Win95 if you have to have DOS stuff and do not want to be
creative

OR

c) if you have to have DOS stuff and want to be creative - enhance your
DOS with TCP/IP support, get a C compiler that can compile mysql client
library, or change it so that the compiler you have can compile it, and
create a DOS port of libmysqlclient

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)