List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:July 30 2001 8:13pm
Subject:Re: Two databases / One Server
View as plain text
If you are connecting to localhost, it is using the socket, not
the port.
You must set up each server to use a different socket, and connect to
that socket.

linux@stripped wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Trying to install two mysql database servers on one Redhat linux machine.
> The first mysql server is on port 3306 and I am trying to run the second
> mysql server on port 3307 but whenever I try to access the second mysql
> server via port 3307, I still end up accessing the first mysql database
> which is on port 3306.
>
> Any help?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Gerald L. Clark
gerald_clark@stripped

Thread
Two databases / One Serverlinux30 Jul
  • Re: Two databases / One ServerGerald Clark30 Jul
  • Re: Two databases / One ServerSonia Van Tassel30 Jul
    • Re: Two databases / One Serverlinux30 Jul
      • Re: Two databases / One ServerSonia Van Tassel31 Jul
        • Re: Two databases / One Serverlinux31 Jul