List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:July 27 2001 1:16pm
Subject:Re: possible bug in sum() function
View as plain text

bferrell@stripped wrote:

> We keep a timecard database and I was just asked how much time had been charged to a
> particular project code.  No problem says I and did the following:
>
> select sum(worktime) from timecard where tcacct=project;
>
> The answer came back 182.  Then I was asked who had spent time on the project.
>
> the query was:
>
> select sum(worktime),user from timecard where tcacct=project group by user;
>
> the answer was:
>
> 8.00    user1
> 14.00   user2
> 160.00  user 3
>
> Now, where I went to school, this adds up to 184!
>
> Suggestions?

Pick a better school?

--
Gerald L. Clark
gerald_clark@stripped

Thread
possible bug in sum() functionbferrell26 Jul
  • Re: possible bug in sum() functionboclair27 Jul
  • Re: possible bug in sum() functionGerald Clark27 Jul
  • Re: possible bug in sum() functionHalldor Utne27 Jul
  • Re: possible bug in sum() functionSinisa Milivojevic27 Jul
  • Re: possible bug in sum() functionGeoff Blake27 Jul
    • Re: possible bug in sum() functionMat Murdock27 Jul
    • Re: possible bug in sum() functionJohn Shipp1 Aug
  • Re: possible bug in sum() functionBruce Ferrell27 Jul
    • Re: possible bug in sum() functionSinisa Milivojevic28 Jul
  • Re: possible bug in sum() functionfloripa14 Aug