List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay J Date:July 22 1999 7:33am
Subject:Re: need some help about MySQL installation and connection through java
View as plain text
Did you run the supplied 'mysql_install_db' script?
Does user 'guest' even exist?
Are you able to connect using from the command line?

I'm unfamiliar, and can't verify the syntax of the jdbc connection.

I've created users and granted access maybe a dozen times, and without fail
I've consulted:
http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_toc.html#Connecting every time.

The portion on granting 'Fred' access from "%" should apply to your
question.

-Jay J