List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:July 22 1999 12:23am
Subject:Re: after install mysql server inaccessable or not running
View as plain text
At 18:58, 19990721, welk@stripped wrote:
>Configure command: --with-unix-socket-path=/var/tmp/mysql.sock
>--with-low-memory

Do you actually have /var/tmp/mysql.sock?

I've built on 3.2-STABLE recently using something like this:

CC=egcc CXX=egcc CXXFLAGS="-felide-constructors -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -O2" \
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --user=mysql

It's using native threads, and works great.  It's handling signals properly
(I can kill a thread, or shutdown the server normally) and I haven't had
any crashes.

I used the port once, but that was quite a while ago.

Tim
Thread
after install mysql server inaccessable or not runningwelk@netten.net22 Jul
  • Re: after install mysql server inaccessable or not runningThimble Smith22 Jul
  • Re: after install mysql server inaccessable or not runningwelk@netten.net22 Jul
    • Re: after install mysql server inaccessable or not runningThimble Smith23 Jul