List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:BAUMEISTER Alexandre Date:July 19 2001 11:34am
Subject:Re[2]: Bug in Mysql access rights ?
View as plain text
Sinisa,

>>   What's happening ?

SM> Your story is quite strange.

SM> Can you run SHOW GRANTS on both user@localhost and user@remoteIP and
SM> see what they are showing ??

  I had to make my applications work, so I removed the lines in 'user'
  and  'db'  tables  for  the remote IP. This solved the problem. So I
  can't  send you the SHOW GRANTS about that server, this would not be
  of any help anymore.

  But I still have one system with .39 which as the same problem.

  I  have  a  user  name  'news'  which  as  these rights :

mysql> show grants for news@localhost;
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Grants for news@localhost                                                          |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'news'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' |
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON contenu.* TO 'news'@'localhost'                            |
| GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON pratique.* TO 'news'@'localhost'           |
| GRANT SELECT ON cotations.instrument TO 'news'@'localhost'                         |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> show grants for news@'192.168.1.%';
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Grants for news@stripped.%                                                            |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'news'@'192.168.1.%' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'   |
| GRANT SELECT ON cotations.* TO 'news'@'192.168.1.%'                                    |
| GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON contenu.* TO 'news'@'192.168.1.%'              |
| GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON pratique.* TO 'news'@'192.168.1.%'             |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

  And I have some programs run by cron (once each 5 minutes) which are
  connecting from 192.168.1.12.

  Sometimes, my programs are getting the error :

select command denied to user: 'news@stripped' for table 'instrument'

  But  not all the time. At some execution it gets this error, at some
  other executions it works fine.

  Table 'instrument' is in database 'cotations'.

  About  the  story  of  the other server, I will redo the GRANT which
  caused  the  problems  and if I get the error once more, I will send
  you the SHOW GRANTS.

  I  insure  you  that there is something to investigate there even if
  it's strange that none already reported that in the mailing list :(

  Regards,
  Alex.

Thread
MySQL or MS SQL?Alexander Chernienko18 Jul
  • RE: MySQL or MS SQL?Chris Cameron18 Jul
    • Re: MySQL or MS SQL?Michael Bacarella18 Jul
  • Re: MySQL or MS SQL?Rich Duzenbury18 Jul
  • Re: MySQL or MS SQL?Bernhard Doebler19 Jul
    • Bug in Mysql access rights ?BAUMEISTER Alexandre19 Jul
RE: MySQL or MS SQL?Quentin Bennett19 Jul
Re: Bug in Mysql access rights ?Sinisa Milivojevic19 Jul
  • Re[2]: Bug in Mysql access rights ?BAUMEISTER Alexandre19 Jul