List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 16 2001 3:17am
Subject:RE: Client Command Line interface "auto" compellation 3.23.39
View as plain text
>Yep, some things work others don't.
>
>if I type sh<tab> then I get 'show '
>
>sel<tab> give 'select '
>
>but I thought I was able to type
>select * from tbl<tab>
>and that this used to give me all a list of all the table names that
>started with tbl (or if there was only one it would just auto complete it
>of course).  Now I just get the mysql commands and none of the nice
>tablename and fieldname completion that I'm sure used to be there (or was I
>just wishfully dreaming??).
>
>Here's the full list of what I get if I just press tab without entering
>anything:
>?                 ego               notee             show fields from
>alter table       exit              pager             show keys from
>clear             explain           print             show tables
>connect           go                quit              source
>create database   help              rehash            status
>create table      insert            replace           tee
>delete            load data from    select            unlock tables
>drop              lock tables       set option        update
>edit              nopager           show databases    use
>
>interestingly, if I type sh<tab> I get 'show ' but if I type show ta<tab>
>don't get 'show tables' which is what I would expect.

Does "show tables" actually produce a list of tables, or no tables?
On some systems, there is a bug in glibc that prevents it from working
properly, in which case auto-completion won't work.  (I have one such
system, and I see the same behavior you do, even if I type "rehash"
to force re-hashing of the names.)

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread