List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:BAUMEISTER Alexandre Date:July 14 2001 1:45pm
Subject:Re: mysql.org
View as plain text
Michael,

MW> What NuSphere seems to be trying to do is to get people to approve
MW> of  their fork, get more people to work on it, and cause confusion
MW> among  MySQL  users as to where the origin of the MySQL(tm) source
MW> and  documentation  is. What NuSphere has done indicates that they
MW> want  to  be  regarded  as being in the center of MySQL(tm) server
MW> development  and  use  this as a leverage to push their commercial
MW> products  that are not open source. The truth is that NuSphere has
MW> nothing to do with the development of the MySQL(tm) server.

  It's  years now that I use Mysql, post/read the mailing list, try to
  help you solving bugs, testing new features (like InnoDB currently).

  Why ? Because I really like Mysql, GPL licence and the way you work !

  What NuLsphere is doing is really disgusting and I really understand
  how  much  you  are  upset,  considering the hard work you did, that
  someone else could try to take advantage of your work that way.

  I'm sure that we are really numerous to understand what NuLsphere is
  doing and to be behind you in this 'fight' against vermin.

  May the force be with you :)

  Regards,
  Alex.

Thread
mysql.orgMichael Widenius13 Jul
  • Re: mysql.orgTim Endres13 Jul
    • Re: mysql.orgMichael Widenius13 Jul
  • Re: mysql.orgPeterWR13 Jul
    • php adminGlyndower13 Jul
  • Re: mysql.orgVan13 Jul
  • Re: mysql.orgPeterWR13 Jul
  • Re: mysql.orgVan13 Jul
  • Re: mysql.orgGerald R. Jensen13 Jul
  • Re: mysql.orgJustin Farnsworth13 Jul
    • RE: mysql.orgGerald Jensen13 Jul
      • Newbie Permission QFrank J. Schmuck13 Jul
      • RE: mysql.orgPaul DuBois13 Jul
  • Re: mysql.orgBAUMEISTER Alexandre14 Jul
  • Re: mysql.org - an extra 2 centsJoel Nelson15 Jul
    • Re[2]: mysql.orgMark A. Chalkley15 Jul
RE: mysql.orgGerry Sweeney13 Jul
Re: mysql.orgSanti Chumbe13 Jul
RE: mysql.orgJoel Hughes13 Jul
  • Re: mysql.orgKevin Smith13 Jul
RE: mysql.orgChristopher Thorpe13 Jul
  • Re: mysql.orgBrooklyn Linux Solutions CEO13 Jul