List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Trown Date:March 22 1999 7:58pm
Subject:Re: mySQL on HP-UX 10.20
View as plain text
On Mon, Mar 22, 1999 at 11:42:11AM -0800, Gary Grubb scribbled:
> To all:
> I have had no luck compiling source on HP-UX 10.20. I do not have latest
> version of gcc because I cannot get it to compile either. I do have cc,
> CC & aCC available.
> Things I have tried unsuccessfully:
> CC=cc CXX=cc ./configure
> CC=CC CXX=CC ./configure
> The error I receive in both cases is:
> checking size of off_t... (cached) 0
> configure: error: MySQL needs a off_t type.
> Configure also does not like CFLAGS=-Aa
> Any suggestions?
> Gary Grubb
> ggrubb@stripped

     I have had LOTS of fun trying to get this to compile.  First you need to
pass cc the "-Ae" switch for longlong support.  CFLAGS="-Ae".

     CC then blows up trying to compile with:

CC: "./../include/global.h", line 513: warning: "bool" is a future reserved word (215)
CC: "sql_string.h", line 30: warning: size not used (117)
CC: "sql_string.h", line 141: sorry, not implemented: cannot expand inline function bool
String::append(char ) with statement after "return" (2070)

     Rewriting the offending code with help from users on the list, I got past
that one.  cc has problems with mit-pthreads.  Won't compile it.  At that point
I gave up, deciding instead to wait for the HP applications CD so I could
upgrade cc, CC and aCC.  The CD should be here any day now.

     Make sure you get the latest version of MySQL.  I found a small problem in
the configure scripts regarding Shared Libs.

     It's all in the email archives.

What's the point?

An NT server can be run by an idiot, and usually is.
PGP fingerprint: 063FCE320681C336  78C164FC9B2F91EA
mySQL on HP-UX 10.20Gary Grubb22 Mar
  • Re: mySQL on HP-UX 10.20Chris Trown22 Mar