List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:July 11 2001 7:36pm
Subject:Re: Linux RH 7.1 Query wrt MySQL
View as plain text
I am sure you can change the base  if you can compile it.
Have you verified that the relocated RPM install works properly?
I have not.

Mike Baranski wrote:

> Well, you could also use these switches with the rpm command:
> 	--prefix <path>
>               This  sets  the  installation  prefix to <path> for
>               relocatable packages.
>
>        --relocate <oldpath>=<newpath>
>               For relocatable packages, translates the files that
>               would be put in <oldpath> to <newpath>.
>
>        --badreloc
>               To  be  used  in  conjunction with --relocate, this
>               forces the relocation even  if  the  package  isn't
>               relocatable.
>
> Gerald, maybe you should only answer what you're sure about...
>
> Mike
> From: Gerald Clark <gerald_clark@stripped>
> Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 12:31:16 -0500
>

>> Yes, compile it from source.
>

> Riyaad Miller wrote:
>

>> Hi
>> I've installed mysql 3.23.39 on a rh 7.1 machine.
>> i followed every possibl step and yeah it dumped it in the correct locations
>> for all.
>> Is it possible to migrate/re-install mysql in another location, say
>> /usr/bin/sql instead of the 7.1 convention of /usr/local/bin.
>> Is this a possibility?
>> Please let me in on this one ...
>> Thanks
>> Regards RM

Gerald L. Clark
gerald_clark@stripped

Thread
Linux RH 7.1 Query wrt MySQLRiyaad Miller11 Jul
  • Re: Linux RH 7.1 Query wrt MySQLGerald Clark11 Jul
  • Re: Linux RH 7.1 Query wrt MySQL(Trond Eivind Glomsrød)11 Jul
Re: Linux RH 7.1 Query wrt MySQLMike Baranski11 Jul