List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:July 11 2001 1:50pm
Subject:Re: segmentation fault
View as plain text
I really don't believe you downloaded mysql-VERSION-OS.tar.gz.

How can anyone help you if you hide what you are doing?

Breughel Macabuhay wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a just a solaris newbie. I tried installing mySQL
> 3.23.39 on solaris 8 (intel). I followed these steps(I
> used GNU tar):
>
> #groupadd mysql
> #useradd -g mysql mysql
> #cd /usr/local
> #gunzip < /path/to/mysql-VERSION-OS.tar.gz> | tar xvf
> -
> #ln -s mysql-VERSION-OS mysql
> #cd mysql
> #scripts/mysql_install_db
> #chown -R root  /usr/local/mysql
> #chown -R mysql /usr/local/mysql/data
> #chgrp -R mysql /usr/local/mysql
> #chown -R root /usr/local/mysql/bin
> #bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql &
>
> And this happened:
> 1759
> # Starting mysqld daemon with databases from
> /usr/local/mysql-3.23.39-pc-solaris
> 2.8-i386/data
> Segmentation Fault - core dumped
> 010711 16:21:08  mysqld ended
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> Breugh

Gerald L. Clark
gerald_clark@stripped

Thread
segmentation faultBreughel Macabuhay11 Jul
  • Re: segmentation faultGerald Clark11 Jul
  • Re: segmentation faultSteve Brazill11 Jul
Re: segmentation faultKris Amy11 Jul
  • Re: segmentation faultDibo Chen11 Jul
  • Re: segmentation faultKenneth Kopelson11 Jul
    • Re: segmentation faultBreughel Macabuhay12 Jul
      • Re: segmentation fault (problem solved)Breughel Macabuhay12 Jul