List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:July 11 2001 1:14pm
Subject:Re: HELP getting grants in order
View as plain text

Gilbert C Healton wrote:

>  I've been attempting to create a mySql database while granting
> administration user permissions on just that database to a
> particular user.  I suppose I'm overlooking something simple, but I
> just can't get it after a full day of playing.  My root user and its
> password work fine, but my other user does not. Note that root uses
> a ~root/.my.cnf file to set user and password. It does not matter if
> the administrator user uses a .my.cnf file or not (the sample does NOT).
>

> I've created a small script to demonstrate my problem that I've attached
> to this E-mail. This script drops the database then recreates it from
> scratch along with running some (failing) operations as the
> administration user (gilbert. While I know that mySql user names are
> not related to UNIX login names... but I am having login gilbert use
> m ySql user gilbert).
>
> The key commands are:
>
>     grant all privileges on Baseball.* to gilbert identified by "first"
> 	with grant option;
>     use mysql;

try to 'gilbert'@'%'
or replace % with localhost or whatever machine gilbert will be
connecting from.
--
Gerald L. Clark
gerald_clark@stripped

Thread
HELP getting grants in orderGilbert C Healton11 Jul
  • Re: HELP getting grants in orderGerald Clark11 Jul
    • Re: HELP getting grants in orderGilbert C Healton11 Jul
      • Re: HELP getting grants in orderGerald Clark11 Jul