List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:July 20 1999 7:32pm
Subject:Re: Problem out of memory.
View as plain text
jacebo@stripped wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a  problem with the GNU JDBC for Mysql when  try to construct a
> large PreparedStatement greater than 500 Kbytes in a RMI Server. It
> seems that this JDBC construct the statements all in the memory of the
> JVM. Then de JDBC crashes when is constructing it. The stack trace of
> this error is the next:
>
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
>         at java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream.write(Compiled Code)
>         at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.bufferedWrite(Compiled Code)
>         at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeInternal(Compiled Code)
>         at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputArray(Compiled Code)
>         at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(Compiled Code)
>         at org.gjt.mm.mysql.PreparedStatement.setObject(Compiled Code)
>         at org.gjt.mm.mysql.PreparedStatement.setObject(Compiled Code)
>         at AppendContent.posarRecurs(Compiled Code)
>         at AppendContent.main(Compiled Code)
>
> The environment is:
>
>     DB: mysql-3.21.33b-gamma-sun-solaris2.6-sparc.tar //
> mysql-3.22.14-gamma-sun-solaris2.6-sparc.tar
>     JDK: jdk1.1.7
>     JDBC: mm.mysql.jdbc-1.0.tar.gz
>     O.S.: SunOS demo 5.6 Generic_105181-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
>
> Anybody knows who I can construct statements greater than 500 Kbytes?
> Are there any method that allows to open a DataInputStream or
> DataOutputStream upon a field of a database table?
>
> I need a method that allows to save large files upon Mysql BLOB fields
> since Java.
>
> Your answers are welcomed
>
> Bye
>
> --
> Jorge Acebo Canedo      mailto:Jorge.Acebo@stripped

Hi Jorge

With the twz driver you can temporarily store ResultSet's in files ( changable via connect
option).
Perhaps it stores PreparedStatements too in these temporary files.
(Terrance?)

But perhaps you just have to increase the maximum RAM usage of your VM (-mx flag) on
startup.

Tschau
Christian

PS: Sorry for the late answer, I was on vacation.

Thread
Problem out of memory.jacebo15 Jul
  • Re: Problem out of memory.Christian Mack20 Jul