List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brett Error Date:March 11 1999 10:36pm
Subject:RE: How large a database can mySQL handle?
View as plain text
No one will be able to answer your question effectively because none of us
know anything about your hardware and the design of your software and
queries.

But I can reassure you that MySQL is extremely fast.  I have databases that
handle many millions of queries per day on databases several gigabytes in
size.  With careful design and the right hardware, you can really make MySQL
hum.

If you are worried about potential load problems, I highly recommend that
you build your program such that you can load balance users across multiple
machines in some way if needed.  Unfortunately I can't give you any
suggestions for doing so because again, I don't know much about your
configuration.

______________________
Brett Error
SuperStats.com
Free Visitor Statistics for your Website
http://www.superstats.com

How large a database can mySQL handle?Jeff Schwartz11 Mar
  • Re: How large a database can mySQL handle?Van12 Mar
    • Re: How large a database can mySQL handle?Michael Widenius12 Mar
  • Re: How large a database can mySQL handle?Henrique Pantarotto12 Mar
  • Re: How large a database can mySQL handle?David Sklar12 Mar
  • RE: How large a database can mySQL handle?Brett Error12 Mar
  • Re: Security alert: phpmyadminVan24 Aug
    • Re: Security alert: phpmyadminMichael Widenius28 Aug
  • Re: Security alert: phpmyadminTonu Samuel24 Aug
  • Re: Security alert: phpmyadminEd Wang24 Aug
  • Re: Security alert: phpmyadminRolf Hopkins25 Aug
    • Re: Security alert: phpmyadminBenjamin Pflugmann25 Aug
      • Re: Security alert: phpmyadminVan25 Aug
        • Re: Security alert: phpmyadminBenjamin Pflugmann25 Aug