List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:July 20 1999 7:12pm
Subject:Re: crontab running of mysqladmin makes mysql go berserk
View as plain text
"Roy F. Cabaniss" wrote:

> I have a database that I add users to regularly... on a computer that I am not
> at often.  Since I have not been able to get the  mysqladmin reload   to run
> from within a web page without compromising the security of the database I
> thought I would just put the command in cron .... wrong wrong wrong move.
>
> now mysqld cannot run....
>
> period.
>
> When I try to start mysqld... I get a segmentation fault
> If I try safe_mysqld  I get the following messages....
>
> Number of processes running now: 2
> mysqld proces hanging, pid 1000 - killed
> /usr/bin/safe_mysqld: kill: (1000) - No such pid
> mysqld restarted on  Tue Jul 13 20:06:44 CDT 1999
> /usr/bin/safe_mysqld: line 146:  1024 Segmentation fault      nohup
> $ledir/mysqld --basedir=$MY_BASEDIR_VERSION --datadir=$DATADIR --skip-locking
> >>$err_log 2>&1
>
> Number of processes running now: 2
> mysqld proces hanging, pid 1027 - killed
> /usr/bin/safe_mysqld: kill: (1027) - No such pid
> mysqld restarted on  Tue Jul 13 20:06:44 CDT 1999
> /usr/bin/safe_mysqld: line 146:  1051 Segmentation fault      nohup
> $ledir/mysqld --basedir=$MY_BASEDIR_VERSION --datadir=$DATADIR --skip-locking
> >>$err_log 2>&
>
> I have uninstalled mysql and reinstalled it....
> I have put a new kernal in
>
> Does anyone know how the heck to fix this?

Hi Roy

Why don't you just issue the SQL command 'FLUSH PRIVILEDGES' in your web page script?

Tschau
Christian

PS: Sorry for the late answer, I was on vacation.

Thread
crontab running of mysqladmin makes mysql go berserkRoy F. Cabaniss14 Jul
  • crontab running of mysqladmin makes mysql go berserksinisa14 Jul
  • Re: crontab running of mysqladmin makes mysql go berserkChristian Mack20 Jul