List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:July 20 1999 5:08pm
Subject:Re: mysql_real_connect() fails
View as plain text
Vasanthan Gunaratnam wrote:

> I have the following setup:
>
> - mysql server and client on same host
> - client program connects to server, performs queries, then quits
>
> Facts:
>
> 1. I have been using this system for ~3 months with no problems
>
> 2. I recently moved both server and client to new host and observed the
> following:
>     - client connects succesfully on first run/attempt
>    - subsequent connects (i.e. mysql_real_connect) fail the *majority*
> of the time
>     - shutdown of server and re-start enables the client to connect
> again, but only on the first
>        attempt
>
> 3. mysqladmin shows that the threads associated with a client's
> connection are terminated when
>    the client dies and attempts to re-connect
>
> 4. the mysql utility can connect to server when client program cannot
>
> 5. client (obviously) has permissions to connect (since it does so on
> the first attempt).
>
> 6.  the error number returned by mysql_real_connect() is 2003 and the
> error message generate is:
>     " Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (126)"
>
> 7. system seems to work ok when it is move back to the original/old host
>
> I would appreciate any help in resolving this problem.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Vasanthan Gunaratnam, vasg@stripped

Can you post the source of your client - at least enough code to see the
logic used for connecting to MySQL?

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)
  • Re: mysql_real_connect() failsVasanthan Gunaratnam21 Jul
    • Re: mysql_real_connect() failssinisa21 Jul
  • Re: mysql_real_connect() failsSasha Pachev21 Jul
  • Re: mysql_real_connect() failsVasanthan Gunaratnam21 Jul
  • mysql_real_connect() failsMichael Widenius31 Jul