List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:efrazier Date:March 22 1999 6:57pm
Subject:case sensitive and BLOBS
View as plain text
Hi,

I wrote a while ago about how to do a case insensitive search on a text
field and got back they way of doing it with LIKE '%searchterm%' which works
great, but I am finding that when doing this on a LONGBLOB field it does not
do a case IN sensitive search. Is this something weird about long blobs or
am I just messing something up?

select * from pinklisting WHERE _desc LIKE  '%guild%';

Thanks,

Eric

PS anyone have any tips for dealing with large amounts of text in a field?

F R A Z I E R    C O N S U L T I N G       (519) 745-7093  fax (519) 745-6905
web design.........w i t h  a  t w i s t
http://www.kwinternet.com/

Thread
case sensitive and BLOBSefrazier22 Mar
  • Re: case sensitive and BLOBStony22 Mar
  • Re: case sensitive and BLOBSPaul DuBois22 Mar
Re: case sensitive and BLOBSFred Lindberg22 Mar