List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:July 2 2001 1:18pm
Subject:Re: mysqld starting problem
View as plain text
If you shoot something with a shotgun enough times, you will kill it.

You have done so many vague things that I am not sure what your problem
is right now.

The directories and files in which the databases are stores must be
owned by mysql.

The owner of the symbolic link is not as important.

When you copied the files, you weren't mysql, so the new files were not
owned by mysql.

Check your permissions, and try restarting your server ( If it is not
already running .)