List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:June 30 2001 7:50pm
Subject:Re: Access to Other Databases Thru MySQL
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jul 01), Manuel Mesquita said:
> To make links, like MSACCESS to other Types of Databases in
> Linux/Windows, using Java, thru MySQL? Our need is to access to
> MSACCESS, ORACLE and SQL Databases in java, having the links to those
> other Databases defined in MySQL, and not by importing the data in
> those databases to a table in MySQL. In MSACCESS/WINDOWS we can do
> that using ODBC. In MySQL how can we do it?

MS Access is a front-end as well as a database.  Think of MySQL as more
like MSSQL Server or Oracle -- just the database component.  You don't
use SQL server to build an interface; you do that in Access and link
tables to MSSQL.  Same thing with MySQL.  You build the interface in MS
Access, Delphi, VB, C, Perl, whatever.

	Dan Nelson
Access to Other Databases Thru MySQLManuel Mesquita30 Jun
  • Re: Access to Other Databases Thru MySQLDan Nelson30 Jun
  • Re: Access to Other Databases Thru MySQLRolf Hopkins1 Jul
Re: Access to Other Databases Thru MySQLThomas S. Brettin6 Jul