List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:June 29 2001 2:00pm
Subject:Re: HELP! Hard Disk Space limition and Symbolic link
View as plain text
Either put
datadir=/home/mydatadir

in the [mysqld] paragraph of the my.cnf file,

or move the data directory and create a symbolic link pointing the new
to the old.

Either way, shut down the server first.

tpchan wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I installed mysql version 3.22.32 on Red Hat 6.2 using the rpm package.
> Since mysql data directory is stay in /var/lib/, plus my database is growing
> bigger day by day, my problem now is that the '/var' partition running short
> of free hard disk space.
>
> What I'm trying to do is to transfer the data directory to a new partition
> '/home' which had bigger space. Is there any way to solve this without
> reinstall back mysql server? Will the symbolic link solve this problem? If
> so, how?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Emanduel Chan Tain Por
> System Engineer
> DotCom Consulting Sdn Bhd
> DID : 603-62763230 ext. 112

Gerald L. Clark
gerald_clark@stripped

Thread
win32 oledbJoel Hughes29 Jun
  • HELP! Hard Disk Space limition and Symbolic linktpchan29 Jun
  • RE: win32 oledbBruce Stewart29 Jun
    • mysql compilation on solaris8Kapil Sharma29 Jun
      • RE: DBI installation on solaris8Kapil Sharma29 Jun
  • Re: HELP! Hard Disk Space limition and Symbolic linkGerald Clark29 Jun