List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:June 29 2001 1:26pm
Subject:Re: mysterious loss of disk space
View as plain text
If you run a query with a ( possibly malformed ) join that produces a
very large output table, you may run out of disk space.  At this point
that thread will sleep until space becomes available.

Next time you run out of space, check your /tmp ( or whatever you may
have set the MySQL temp directory to ) and see if it is filled with
large strangely named files.

You may just need a bigger disk.