List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stephan Greene Date:March 22 1999 5:28pm
Subject:MySQL and Cold Fusion for Linux
View as plain text
While reviewing the postings in Allaire's beta forum on their Linux port
(to figure out that I need a newer libstdc++ to get the beta stub to
work), I found a posting from an Allaire employee on the database backends
they are considering.

MySQL and Postgress lead the list.  And it looks like Red Hat is their
base distribution for internal development.

The Linux port is planned to be a native port scheduled with the general
release of Cold Fusion Server 5.0.  I have NO idea on when that'll happen.
I hope to get to try out CF + MySQL on Linux when they release beta code.

The beta stub is redirects CF calls to a "real" Solaris or NT CF server.
Source code is provided, I understand it is under a BSD-style license.  I
also have no idea how Allaire plans to release the real server (probably
as a binary, the Solaris version costs several thousand $ US).

Steve

Stephan A. Greene			sgreene@stripped
IT Product Development			http://www.washsq.com
Washington Square Associates, Inc.	"technology simplified" (TM)
202-544-0222(main)/1-800-759-8888 PIN 1030552# (pager)

MySQL and Cold Fusion for LinuxStephan Greene22 Mar