List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Haeberle Date:March 11 1999 10:25pm
Subject:Moving MySQL from one Linux Box to another
View as plain text
Hi,

I just read in the manual 4.16.3 Upgrading to another architecture
and will try the tips there to move my development MySQL to a new
production server. But I thought I could just copy all the database
files from one Linux-Box to another and use the exactly same
databases, users and data.

I mounted the dev-server via nfs (rw) as root and tried to copy the
/var/mysql (cp -ar) most things went well, but several (not all)
files from the mysql subdir could not be copied with a permission
denied error. I shut mysql down with no difference.

Is it possible to easily duplicate a MySQL-Installation from one
Intel-Linux to another keeping all data and users the same?

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie (probably this is to be
considered OT, as I probably just was unable to just use Unix
correctly :-( )

Jochen
Thread
Moving MySQL from one Linux Box to anotherJochen Haeberle12 Mar
  • Re: Moving MySQL from one Linux Box to anotherVan13 Mar
  • Re: New version of mysqlguiRick Pasotto27 Dec
    • Re: New version of mysqlguiSinisa Milivojevic28 Dec
      • Re: New version of mysqlguiRick Pasotto28 Dec
        • Re: New version of mysqlguiSinisa Milivojevic28 Dec
          • Re: New version of mysqlguiRick Pasotto28 Dec
        • ERD Softwarerui28 Dec