List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:June 28 2001 1:26pm
Subject:Re: host.ISM
View as plain text
Make sure mysql owns all the directories and files in its database
directory.

If you have never seen host.ISM on your .22 server, then you never looked.

It sounds like you also ran mysql_install_db and overwrote your
privilege tables. That is why they are now .MYD and .MYI.

You also probably ran it without the --user=mysql option, so root owns
the directories and files.