List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:March 22 1999 6:15pm
Subject:Re: Why the error here?
View as plain text
Derick H Siddoway wrote:

> You're calling mysql_free_result() on a pointer that has never
> been used or initialized.  That is, why call mysql_free_result()
> when you've never called mysql_store_result()?
>
> --
> derick

This segfaults though before the program gets to any of
the mysql calls. sscanf will fail with a segfault as it
is trying to store a string at the address of something
that was supposed to be a character, and will most
likely address something outside of the allowed limits

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)