List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:July 19 1999 9:12pm
Subject:Re: pricing
View as plain text
"Webber, William D." wrote:

> I am not a big fan of Microsoft products, but have to use them where I work
> as well. A lot of people simply don't realize that in corporate
> environments, many IT decisions are mandated. For example we have to use
> Internet Explorer version 4.0 here-- there is nothing we can do about it. On
> top of that, our firewall won't pass FTP traffic-- so downloading is not
> just against company policy, it's logistically not possible.

Hey, if you just have one open port, incoming or outgoing - someone can
help you out - all you need is someone with his own server and desire to
cooperate - let me know if you need to download something - we can
syphon it it :-)

On a serious note, there is a good way to make IT managers wisen up -
find a better job without those stupid policies (I bet you can find one
that would even pay quite a bit better), and then when giving
notice.make sure to mention that their download policy was something
that made you really think of looking for another job - you will
accomplish a couple of good things - better job for yourself, and a good
chance for your colleges to never have to deal with those restrictions,
and maybe even a pay raise for them if the management is smart.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)
http://www.direct1.com/ (work)
Thread
pricingWhiteMoor Studio19 Jul
  • Re: pricingPaul DuBois19 Jul
  • Re: pricingSasha Pachev19 Jul
  • Retrieving & Storing imagesNolberto Rojas Gil19 Jul
  • Re: pricingFred Read20 Jul
  • pricingsinisa20 Jul
  • Re: pricingTechnische Dienst21 Jul
Re: pricingRobert Semenoff19 Jul