List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:July 19 1999 7:11pm
Subject:Re: best way to install perl client only
View as plain text
John Kit wrote:

> Is there a how-to install the perl module piece only for client use
> only?
> I have the mysql server running on one a server and the web-cgi will be
> on
> another physical server.  I really do not want to install the mysql
> server
> application on the web-cgi server.  Can I install the DBI,
> mysql-module... for
> perl without the mysql server app?  If not what is the minuim that I
> have to do.
>
> Thanks ahead of time.
>
> John

Yes, you can - in fact you do not need the server to install DBI. Just
follow the installation instructions in the README/INSTALL files of the
distribution.

> This communication is for informational purposes only.  It is not intended as
> an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument
> or as an official confirmation of any transaction, unless specifically agreed
> otherwise. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as
> to completeness or accuracy and is subject to change without notice. Any
> comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of
> J.P. Morgan & Co. Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates.

Is this what your boss make you append to all of your messages? Sounds
like you have a very strong legal department :-)

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)