List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adam Powell Date:March 22 1999 4:16pm
Subject:locking
View as plain text
Hi, thanks for all your help in getting this working... I have upgraded to
3.22.20 now, and its a lot better.  However we still have a LARGE problem.

We have an IP table that has SELECTs and INSERTs on the individual rows
about 80 inserts a second, and 1 insert every 3 seconds however sometimes
all the processes get locked because the selects are taking so long to go
through the table.  Does anybody have any ideas how we can configure it so
that the SELECTS and INSERTS can work together and not cause anything to
hang?  The table can be anything up to 2 million rows.... so it does take a
while to select.

Adam Powell
Click Agents Corp.,
Web : http://www.clickagents.com