List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:June 21 2001 12:55pm
Subject:Re: Database MySQL: possible errors when using myisamchk and
isamchk ?
View as plain text
The idea is to have backups.
Backups of unchecked data are not useless.
Backups of truncated data files are.

People have lost data when the disk became full during isamchk, or the
index had been crashed because it reached filesystem size limits.
If you blow the data away with a failed [my]isamchk then backup the
truncated files, what are you going to do?

If no errors were reported, the backup was clean.
If isamchk reports errors, and they were truely fixed, this backup is
repairable, and the next one should be clean.
The only time it should be an issue is if the check reports an error,
and examination of your databases show that data has been lost.

If this is the case you have the option to restore the unchecked files,
and recheck with different options.

--
Gerald L. Clark
gerald_clark@stripped

Thread
Database MySQL: possible errors when using myisamchk and isamchk ?Koen Gogne20 Jun
  • Re: Database MySQL: possible errors when using myisamchk and isamchk ?Gerald Clark20 Jun
    • Re: Database MySQL: possible errors when using myisamchk andisamchk ?Koen Gogne21 Jun
      • Re: Database MySQL: possible errors when using myisamchk andisamchk ?Gerald Clark21 Jun