List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:June 20 2001 5:53pm
Subject:Re: URGENT!!!! MySQL user table is read only...
View as plain text
ls -l /var/mysql/mysql/user.*

Replace above path with actual path on your system.

Does mysql have write privileges on the files?

SBlenkhorn@stripped wrote:

> Unfortunately I have tried that.  Attempted to GRANT all privelages to the
> root user.... it failed with the same error message stating that the Table
> "user" is read only.
>
> UGH!!!!  Too frustrating!!
>

>                     Nessi
>
>                     <php@elvandar        To:     SBlenkhorn@stripped
>
>                     .de>                 cc:     mysql@stripped
>
>                                          Subject:     Re: URGENT!!!! MySQL user table
> is read only...
>                     06/20/01
>
>                     11:23 AM
>

> Why dont you use the GRANT command?
>
> GRANT ALL ON database.* TO newuser@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
>
> Something like that...
>
> Cheers, Nessi
>

> At 15:55 20/06/01 , you wrote:
>
>> MySQL newbie question here!!
>>
>> I have MySQL installed on Red Hat Linux 7. I have a Test, Backup and Live
>> environment. All with the same installations of Linux, MySQL and CF. The
>> problem that I am having is that I am trying to create a new database user
>> in the table "user" in MySQL. It works find in my Test and Backup
>> Environment... but for some reason, my Live environment reports back that
>> the table is read only.

>> mysql>USE mysql;
>> mysql>INSERT INTO user (Host, User, Password)
>> ->VALUES ("localhost", "cfuser", PASSWORD("XXXX"));
>> ERROR 1036: Table 'user' is read only
>>
>> If anyone could help me it would be greatly, greatly appreciated!!  I
>
> think
>
>> I may have to throw my server out the window soon!!
>>
>> Thanks in advance...
>> Sean Blenkhorn

Gerald L. Clark
gerald_clark@stripped

Thread
URGENT!!!! MySQL user table is read only...SBlenkhorn20 Jun
  • Re: URGENT!!!! MySQL user table is read only...Nessi20 Jun
  • Re: URGENT!!!! MySQL user table is read only...Joshua J. Kugler20 Jun
Re: URGENT!!!! MySQL user table is read only...SBlenkhorn20 Jun
  • Re: URGENT!!!! MySQL user table is read only...Gerald Clark20 Jun
Re: URGENT!!!! MySQL user table is read only...SBlenkhorn20 Jun