List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 19 2001 11:40pm
Subject:Re: Version question: -log & no -log ?
View as plain text
At 7:27 PM -0400 6/19/01, Mario Kent wrote:
>I installed 3.23.38 from source on a linux server, a status simply says:
>Server version: 3.23.38
>Now, I just installed 3.23.39 from source on another linux server and it
>Server version: 3.23.39-log
>I want to know what the -log means and how it got in there.

-log is added if you start the server with logging turned on.
-debug is added if you're running a debugging version of the server with
debugging on.
-demo is added if the server is running in demo mode

>[In order to get this message to post I must work in a few keywords, so I'll
>just mention that this message has nothing to do with a query or a specific
>table, but it is in reference to the MySQL database server, which of course
>speaks sql ;]
>Before posting, please check:
>   (the manual)
>           (the list archive)
>To request this thread, e-mail <mysql-thread77113@stripped>
>To unsubscribe, e-mail <>
>Trouble unsubscribing? Try:

Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Version question: -log & no -log ?Mario Kent20 Jun
  • Re: Version question: -log & no -log ?Paul DuBois20 Jun