List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Sklar Date:March 11 1999 10:56pm
Subject:Re: How large a database can mySQL handle?
View as plain text
Jeff Schwartz wrote:

> We've have a mySQL/PHP calendar application with a relatively small
> number of users. But that number is expected to grow to 1MM in the near
> future.
>
> Can mySQL handle traffic at that level?
>
> Is there anybody out there using it on that scale?

I have tables with millions of rows and everything is peachy. It all
depends on your schema and your hardware. MySQL can handle lots of data
just fine.

-dave
Thread
How large a database can mySQL handle?Jeff Schwartz11 Mar
  • Re: How large a database can mySQL handle?Van12 Mar
    • Re: How large a database can mySQL handle?Michael Widenius12 Mar
  • Re: How large a database can mySQL handle?Henrique Pantarotto12 Mar
  • Re: How large a database can mySQL handle?David Sklar12 Mar
  • RE: How large a database can mySQL handle?Brett Error12 Mar
  • Re: Security alert: phpmyadminVan24 Aug
    • Re: Security alert: phpmyadminMichael Widenius28 Aug
  • Re: Security alert: phpmyadminTonu Samuel24 Aug
  • Re: Security alert: phpmyadminEd Wang24 Aug
  • Re: Security alert: phpmyadminRolf Hopkins25 Aug
    • Re: Security alert: phpmyadminBenjamin Pflugmann25 Aug
      • Re: Security alert: phpmyadminVan25 Aug
        • Re: Security alert: phpmyadminBenjamin Pflugmann25 Aug