List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Antony T Curtis Date:July 19 1999 1:31am
Subject:Re: surviving the Slashdot effect
View as plain text
On Fri, 16 Jul 1999 22:25:40 -0700, James Rogers wrote:

>Just to throw my two cents in, I have been hacking MySQL.  I am working on
>porting MySQL to a new database kernel (actually, an existing one that I
>currently develop on) that will add a lot of scalability features that I
>could personally use.  Among the ways I make money, I write custom database
>engines so this isn't exactly new territory for me.  I really like the
>top-end to MySQL; it rocks and sports a lot of interesting and useful
>features.  Given a more scalable back-end I would use MySQL for more than I
>currently do, a situation I am working on.  I know a lot of other people
>who like MySQL, but who have run into similar scalability issues that are
>forcing them to use other databases.  If these get fixed, I believe the
>user base will expand rapidly.

It would appear that my job will require me to hack an SQL server to be
able to access their legacy database system... Out of personal
preference, I've chosen MySQL... Are there any caveats I should be
aware of? The OS is AIX 4.3.2

BTW, I am still planning on releasing updated OS/2 binaries soon...

Regards

	Antony.

Creator of PowerMOD/2 and other such things...

Site of The Universal Nexus	http://nuts.in-uk.net/
Apache-SSL for OS/2 (intl)	OLCS Net Administrator
ICQ#11066935			antony.curtis@stripped

Thread
surviving the Slashdot effectThomas D. Wilkinson12 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectMichael R. Gile12 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectSrfRoG12 Jul
    • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectAdam Powell12 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectOrlando Andico12 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectSasha Pachev13 Jul
    • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectJames Rogers13 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectPatrick Greenwell13 Jul
    • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectThomas D. Wilkinson13 Jul
      • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectPatrick Greenwell13 Jul
        • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectThomas D. Wilkinson14 Jul
          • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectMichael Widenius30 Jul
        • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectT├Ánu Samuel14 Jul
Re: surviving the Slashdot effectDerick H Siddoway14 Jul
Re: surviving the Slashdot effectJames Rogers14 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectThomas D. Wilkinson14 Jul
    • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectJames Rogers17 Jul
Re: surviving the Slashdot effectDerick H Siddoway15 Jul
Re: surviving the Slashdot effectSasha Pachev15 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectDarrell Shifflett15 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectJames Rogers17 Jul
Re: surviving the Slashdot effectJames Rogers17 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectThomas D. Wilkinson17 Jul
    • Re: surviving the Slashdot effect (headed slightly off topic)\"Terrence W. Zellers\"18 Jul
Re: surviving the Slashdot effectAntony T Curtis19 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectSasha Pachev19 Jul
Re: surviving the Slashdot effectDerick H Siddoway19 Jul