List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 18 2001 12:53am
Subject:Re: Allowing every one to query a table ?
View as plain text
At 4:38 PM -0400 6/17/01, Klashma wrote:
>Hello, I am currently trying to figure out how to allow every users
>that connect to my database to do a select on the table news under
>database admin.  I tried doing grant select on admin.news to '%' but
>if seems to have failed.

That's not legal GRANT syntax, so you're not really showing us the statement
that you issued.

Also, assuming that your statement was correct and legal, it may be
that you've also issued some other GRANT statement that grants more expansive
privileges.

GRANT SELECT ON admin.news TO specific_user@specific_host

is probably something like what you want.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread