List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Lindberg Date:March 22 1999 2:17pm
Subject:Re: help!
View as plain text
On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 16:50:04 +0800, cg wrote:

>I can't connect to mysql server (localhost) after call
>chroot().Can you help me ?

Since you use chroot() I assume you have a good reason and that you're
aware of the consequences, such as needing to provide a separate copy
of the mysql client library within the jail.

Also, connection to localhost uses a domain socket, which will be
inaccessible to you after chroot, unless you take very special action.
Use the full host name of the server to connect via TCP/IP instead.
This is probably your problem.

-Sincerely, Fred

help!(cg)22 Mar
Re: help!Fred Lindberg22 Mar