List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:June 15 2001 5:36pm
Subject:Re: mysqldump on large database..
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jun 15), SDiZ Cheng said:
> When i use mysqldump,
> seems that MySQL will open all the tables in the database.
> But, what i have is: a database will over 10,000 tables ..
> I get a "Too much opened file" error on this..
> I think increasing open_file_limit is not possible,
> because of the limit of the OS itself..

Which OS are you running?  You should be able to open 20000 files
(index+data) on most Unixes with a little tuning.  It may be slow, but
it should work.  Alternatively, you can temporarily move tables 1000 at
a time into another directory, mysqldump them, and move them back.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped