List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marek Mahdal Date:June 15 2001 9:33am
Subject:mysql.sock
View as plain text
Hi,
  I have a  problem with MySQL.
I am running Redhat Linux 6.1, MySQL 3.23.38 and PHP 4.0.
The command line client mysql is working perfectly. But if i try to connect to the MySQL
server from a web site using PHP I get this error message:

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in /web/domains/allegro-viatatry/index.php on line 3

In the index.php I am using the same code I used on other machine, with the same
parameters, and it worked. I looked into the /tmp directory. There is no file named
'mysql.sock'.

Please help.

Thank you.   Marek Mahdal, Slovakia

Thread