List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 15 2001 10:18am
Subject:Re: MySQL 3.23.39 released
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Steven" == Steven Roussey <sroussey@stripped> writes:

Steven> Changes in release 3.23.39
Steven> --------------------------

Steven>    * Fixed problem with shutdown when `INSERT DELAYED' was waiting for
Steven>      a `LOCK TABLE'.

Steven>    * Running `myisamchk --fast --force' will no longer repair tables
Steven>      that only had the open count wrong.
Steven> --------------------------

Steven> THANK YOU! You don't know what it was for the first item to require a forced
Steven> shutdown that made myisamchk take a huge amount of time. Although we have
Steven> not had the need for a `myisamchk --fast --force' in a while, I tell you if
Steven> you had a big fulltext index, you would avoid it like the plague.

Steven> Now I have a question: Does this also apply to automatic repair inside
Steven> mysqld? I'd finally use the feature if its true...

If you just run CHECK TABLE, it will repair the open count (it should
always have done that).

myisamchk --fast --force is equal to:

run CHECK TABLE on all tables
Run REPAIR TABLE on tables which was not marked as ok.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Some questions/concerns about MySQLEric Maryniak12 Mar
  • Re: Some questions/concerns about MySQLSasha Pachev12 Mar
  • Re: Some questions/concerns about MySQLChristian Mack13 Mar
  • Re: Some questions/concerns about MySQLThimble Smith13 Mar
Re: Some questions/concerns about MySQLEd Carp13 Mar
Re: MySQL 3.23.39 releasedSteven Roussey15 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 3.23.39 releasedMichael Widenius15 Jun
    • RE: MySQL 3.23.39 releasedSteven Roussey19 Jun
      • RE: MySQL 3.23.39 releasedMichael Widenius19 Jun
  • mysqld 3.23.36 -- new connections get stuck in "Open Tables"Jamie Mason18 Jun