List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brian Walker Date:June 15 2001 4:11am
Subject:Cannot gain access to MySQL server
View as plain text
Now that the mess with starting the server is over, I cannot access it.
After installing the rpm files, I initialize the grant tables with
mysql_install_db.

Then I type:

mysql -u root mysql

The result is: ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using
password: NO)

Typing mysql -u root test results in the same error.  It seems I am locked
out, but have not accessed the database at all.  There is no prompt for a
password at all.

I'm installing this on a Linux box with Cobalt Linux installed and used the
RPM installation method.

No troubleshooting technique seems to work

Any more help is appreciated :)

Thanks

Thread
Cannot gain access to MySQL serverBrian Walker15 Jun
  • Re: Cannot gain access to MySQL serverSimon Chan15 Jun
    • RE: Cannot gain access to MySQL serverBrian Walker15 Jun