List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steven Roussey Date:June 15 2001 3:19am
Subject:Re: MySQL 3.23.39 released
View as plain text
Changes in release 3.23.39
--------------------------

   * Fixed problem with shutdown when `INSERT DELAYED' was waiting for
     a `LOCK TABLE'.

   * Running `myisamchk --fast --force' will no longer repair tables
     that only had the open count wrong.
--------------------------

THANK YOU! You don't know what it was for the first item to require a forced
shutdown that made myisamchk take a huge amount of time. Although we have
not had the need for a `myisamchk --fast --force' in a while, I tell you if
you had a big fulltext index, you would avoid it like the plague.

Now I have a question: Does this also apply to automatic repair inside
mysqld? I'd finally use the feature if its true...

Sincerely,

Steven Roussey
Network54.com
http://network54.com/?pp=e

Thread
Some questions/concerns about MySQLEric Maryniak12 Mar
  • Re: Some questions/concerns about MySQLSasha Pachev12 Mar
  • Re: Some questions/concerns about MySQLChristian Mack13 Mar
  • Re: Some questions/concerns about MySQLThimble Smith13 Mar
Re: Some questions/concerns about MySQLEd Carp13 Mar
Re: MySQL 3.23.39 releasedSteven Roussey15 Jun
  • Re: MySQL 3.23.39 releasedMichael Widenius15 Jun
    • RE: MySQL 3.23.39 releasedSteven Roussey19 Jun
      • RE: MySQL 3.23.39 releasedMichael Widenius19 Jun
  • mysqld 3.23.36 -- new connections get stuck in "Open Tables"Jamie Mason18 Jun