List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 13 2001 8:32pm
Subject:RE: GRANT ANNOYANCE REVISITED
View as plain text
At 1:31 PM -0500 6/13/01, David Simcik wrote:
>Nope, it says version 3.23.38. However, I should point out that I started
>the service (under NT) with the --skip-grant-tables option enabled.  Was
>locked out of my database when I updated my password manually using a SQL
>Update on the User table, so I am trying to change that using the method
>described on page 421 of your book to get around that.

Huh!  Looks like --skip-grant-tables disables the GRANT command.
You can still update the mysql.user table by manipulating it directly:

mysql> UPDATE user SET password=PASSWORD('abc') WHERE User='root'
     -> AND Host='whichever host you want to match';

Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
GRANT ANNOYANCE REVISITEDDavid Simcik13 Jun
  • Re: GRANT ANNOYANCE REVISITEDPaul DuBois13 Jun
    • RE: GRANT ANNOYANCE REVISITEDDavid Simcik13 Jun
      • RE: GRANT ANNOYANCE REVISITEDPaul DuBois13 Jun
    • Re: GRANT ANNOYANCE REVISITEDoltra jean-michel14 Jun
  • Re: GRANT ANNOYANCE REVISITEDBenjamin Pflugmann13 Jun
    • THANKS! RE: GRANT ANNOYANCE REVISITEDDavid Simcik13 Jun