List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:March 22 1999 1:37pm
Subject:Re: Privilege on web and remote shell.
View as plain text
skims wrote:
> Hi !
> I have a little problem on my Linux 5.2, I use mysql-3.21.30 and php-3.0.5.
> I made a webboard on my homepage, which is included a function of modifying
> their personal record on web, it's very working in web and shell as NOBODY account.
> NOBODY's privileges of user table is all 'N' and that of db table is
> Select_priv,Insert_priv, Update_priv are 'Y' and the others is 'N'.
> I made the password field of the writer in webboard database,
> therefore there is no problem in web.
> But, when they connect remote shell, he can modify others' records, not only his.
> It's problem.
> I'm afraid that some writer's article is to be modified by others. I want that they
> can
> modify his,her own records on only Web but can't do it(including others' records) on
> remote
> +shell.
> Any solutions ?
> Thank you in advance.
> skims.

Hi Skims

You only can seperate the data per user in different tables.
But I think you need 3.22.14 or newer.
This is, because you only can specify priviledges on a table basis with this versions.

The other option is, to give access to this database only through webforms or another
client program.

Privilege on web and remote shell.skims21 Mar
  • Re: Privilege on web and remote shell.Christian Mack22 Mar
  • Bug with repair table.Michael Widenius14 Jan
  • Bug with repair table.Michael Widenius15 Jan