List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:March 22 1999 1:37pm
Subject:Re: Privilege on web and remote shell.
View as plain text
skims wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I have a little problem on my Linux 5.2, I use mysql-3.21.30 and php-3.0.5.
> I made a webboard on my homepage, which is included a function of modifying
> their personal record on web, it's very working in web and shell as NOBODY account.
> NOBODY's privileges of user table is all 'N' and that of db table is
> Select_priv,Insert_priv, Update_priv are 'Y' and the others is 'N'.
>
> I made the password field of the writer in webboard database,
> therefore there is no problem in web.
> But, when they connect remote shell, he can modify others' records, not only his.
>
> It's problem.
> I'm afraid that some writer's article is to be modified by others. I want that they
> can
> modify his,her own records on only Web but can't do it(including others' records) on
> remote
> +shell.
>
> Any solutions ?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> skims.

Hi Skims

You only can seperate the data per user in different tables.
But I think you need 3.22.14 or newer.
This is, because you only can specify priviledges on a table basis with this versions.

The other option is, to give access to this database only through webforms or another
client program.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Privilege on web and remote shell.skims21 Mar
  • Re: Privilege on web and remote shell.Christian Mack22 Mar
  • Bug with repair table.Michael Widenius14 Jan
  • Bug with repair table.Michael Widenius15 Jan