List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 16 1999 3:02pm
Subject:RE: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?
View as plain text
At 8:47 PM -0400 7/15/99, Andy Frankford wrote:
>Hello Paul,
>
>I've been wondering about 'dispersing' DBs too - putting the DBs somewhere
>in my customer's WEB directory structure, mostly for dasd space management.
>I wouldn't care about accessing the files outside of the mySQL engine
>environment, e.g permissions can be whatever mySQL needs.  That would also
>be handy when we do a site or customer backup.
>
>Your response re. using sym-links suggests this would work fine.  True?

That's correct.  Don't use symlinks for tables, though.  ALTER TABLE and
OPTIMIZE TABLE will surprise you.

>Thanks!
>
>Andy
>Alliancecommerce.net

Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Anna Winkler15 Jul
  • transfer from MS SQL to MySQL?Hawke Robinson15 Jul
    • RE: transfer from MS SQL to MySQL?Tupshin Harper16 Jul
  • Can databases be stored in multiple directories?sinisa16 Jul
  • Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Chris Cleveland16 Jul
    • Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?sinisa16 Jul
  • Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Sasha Pachev16 Jul
Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Paul DuBois16 Jul
  • RE: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Andy Frankford16 Jul
    • RE: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Fraser MacKenzie16 Jul
    • RE: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Paul DuBois16 Jul
    • Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?David Wall16 Jul
      • Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Paul DuBois16 Jul
Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?J. Kochevar16 Jul
  • Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Paul DuBois16 Jul
Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Derick H Siddoway16 Jul